Friday, January 18, 2019

Five Book Recommendations

        Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things, Philippians 4:8.



      Hello lovely people! God is so good today! When we trust Him, He will certainly come through for us! It's so important to trust our King. Even when we are having a ruff time understanding everything He wants us to do or surrendering.

   I know I haven't posted in awhile (sorry about that!), but I'm here today with five book recommendations! And the first three photos below were taken by my lovely sister, Reya (@reyasphotography on Instagram). "Thanks, Reya!"


Okay, are you ready? Let's go!


1: The King's Princess: A Magazine Compilation 

This book is by my dear friend Isabella Morganthal! It has many great topics and is very good to use as a devotion, reading an article per day! One of my favorite articles from this book is "Standing Firm" and there are several short stories that are really good. Totally recommend this one!
2: When Calls the Heart Series-Canadian West Series 


This book is by my childhood (I'm still a child in many ways, LOL) favorite author Janette Oke! 

The book follows a young school teacher, Elizabeth Thatcher as she goes to teach school in the Canadian Frontier! She later marries, and the story follows the adventures of their lives-with him being in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police! 

Two books written much later follow the story of their two children! 

I know some of you might like the TV Show they made based on this book, if so you may want to read the books too. Although quit different, well worth reading.


3: Missionary Stories with the Millers 


This book is a childhood favorite of mine, and is by Milderd A. Martin. I think it's more for children, but I think it's a fun book and worth reading.This book has many great stories of God's deliverance to people serving Him! I think even young adults, or adults themselves, may like reading this one! 









4:Three People 



This book is DEFINITELY a favorite, and one of those childhood favorites! The book is by Isabella Alden, and is about three young men. All three were born on the same day, but with three different backgrounds. One is rich, one is middle class, and the other is poor. The three boys eventually all come in contact with each other. And as I recall the importance of good choices and character is displayed in this book. The temptation of alcoholic is a huge part of this book. And the ending and characters are so fun! Please, please read!










5: Zoli's Legacy



This book is by Dawn L. Watkins. I remember this book, but I don't know how to tell you what it is about...I just know it's great as I recall and another childhood favorite! I encourage you to look up the description online!  







~~~~





Well, that wraps up my recommendations for this post! I think I've recommended the first two before, but oh well! I haven't read most all these in so long so that's why the descriptions are somewhat lacking.
Let me know in the comments below if you plan to check any of these out or have read them already!



On another note, It's a Choice pt. 10 will be posted on the 25th! So stay tuned for that! I know it's been awhile since I've posted on that as well! So sorry about that! If you don't exactly remember where we are in the story you may want to read around a little to refresh your memory. But I will be posting the last part of 9 before 10 so you will be refreshed on where we are at in our story!

You all have a blessed Friday, and remember, God is most certainly faithful. And He always will be.


With love,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! Your're always welcome here! I hope you have had a load of fun and receive a blessing from God! Know you ARE SO LOVED by Jesus today! I so enjoy comments and mostly always answer them back!

That NOTHING can stand against

*this is a post I did on my social media accounts* 🎶Oh, yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley Yes I will, bless Your name O...