Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Please, Help Us.

     For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: Eph. 5:8


I had a dream about human trafficking last night. I woke up resolved to do something. Ya'll, Jesus said to be Lights. Let's.





The characters in this story are purely fictional. Although, so many cases like these are happening in the world today.
Please, help us.
   Hi. I’m 8 years old. Like most little girls I don’t play with dolls or eat way too much sugar. I don’t cuddle on my daddy’s lap and my momma doesn’t do my hair.

Why? Because I’m a victim to human trafficking. 

I’m not like most girls my age, I don’t have that simple innocence about my age. I was exposed to things that normal eight year old girls haven't been.

I’m older beyond my years.

   Hi. I’m a 11 year old boy. I’m not like most boys my age, I don’t run and play all the time. I don’t have loads of energy and dream-well yeah, I do dream a lot about hunting and getting away from this. I’m so hurt and messed up. 

Why? Because I’m a victim to human trafficking.

   Hi. I’m a 14 year old girl. I didn’t start high school and I can’t look forward to all the new friends I’ll make. I didn't get my first phone a year ago and I don’t post cute pictures on Instagram. My life is a living hell. 

Why? Because I’m a victim to human trafficking.

   Hi. I’m a 18 year old girl. I did go to high school and the first two years were great. I did have friends, I had fun, I felt free. But the other two years weren’t so well. He stole my heart and lied to me. Now I don’t know if I’ll ever find a way out. I’m so dead inside. 

 Why? Because I’m a victim to human trafficking.

   Hi. I’m a 21 year old man. I didn’t have the pride swelling up inside me when I turned such an important age. I didn’t have my mom and dad telling me they were proud of me. I wanted to be happy but the life my mom had trapped me into when I was just a little boy made it impossible. 

Why? Because I’m a human trafficking victim.


   We need your help. Yes. You.

   You may wonder what you can do, you might be young and don’t have a lot of means.

 But you can do something.

 What?

   You can donate money to organizations and get involved with them. You can spread the word. How? So many people have talents. Raise awareness. Sing songs. Write books and articles. Use your voice. Use the social media you do have. Be aware yourself.

   And mostly importantly. Pray. For. Us. Pray for our peace and comfort. Pray for our deliverance. Pray that Jesus will wrap His loving, graceful arms around us. Pray that through this all we can learn to trust in a God that won’t let go. 

   We need your help? Will you give it?

   Millions are being trafficked every day, many times a day. Please. Let’s stand against this.

   “You can choose to turn and walk away, but you can never again say that you did not know.”

William Wilberforce


   Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.
                            

                                                Hebrews. 13:3

7 comments:

  1. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)November 22, 2017 at 4:31 PM

    This is very powerful, Beth. I too recently had a dream about human trafficking... We must stand with them and help them!!! Thank you for spreading the light and making a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Beth! Very thought-provoking and powerful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! Your're always welcome here! I hope you have had a load of fun and receive a blessing from God! Know you ARE SO LOVED by Jesus today! I so enjoy comments and mostly always answer them back!

That NOTHING can stand against

*this is a post I did on my social media accounts* 🎶Oh, yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley Yes I will, bless Your name O...