Saturday, January 7, 2017

An Interview With Grace: (Day 7 New Years Blog Week)

Beth: Hello Grace! Thanks for joining me here for this interview!

Grace: Well, thank YOU for asking me, Beth! I can’t wait to get started!


Beth: Okay so let's start with some fun stuff!

Grace: Awesome! :)

Beth: Okay so are you more of a chocolate fan or candy fan?

Grace: Hand’s down, chocolate!

Beth: What's your favorite chocolate?

Grace: Anything pure milk chocolate.  Hershey bars and Lindors are some of my favorites… and ice cream!  You can’t beat ice cream :)

Beth: Neat! What's your favorite song?

Grace: I can’t choose just one, but a few of my favorites are: His Robes for Mine, All I Have Is Christ, and All I Ever Want to Be.  I love sacred music and hymns!

Beth: Cool! What's your favorite pass time?

Grace: Blogging and playing my instruments.

Beth: Nice!What's your favorite book and what's your favorite book of the Bible?

Grace: My favorite book is Kisses from Katie, by Katie Davis {Majors}.  And how do I pick a favorite book of the Bible?! ;)  The Psalms are very special to me, though!

Beth: Cool! My sister has that book! And Psalm is very good! What's your favorite place you've traveled?

Grace:  I haven’t visited many places, but I love Orlando, Florida.

Beth: Great! I've been to Florida several times! So do you mind sharing with us a little bit about what you think God wants you to do with your life? And how he revealed it to you?

Grace:  Sure!  Well, I think it’s very apparent that the Lord wants me to do something with music.  God has gifted me with musical talent, especially in piano.  I love music and playing instruments, and I love using it for God’s glory!  God has given me such an apparent talent, a love for music, and wonderful people in my life who have encouraged me to pursue that talent.  God has made this talent so apparent in my life, that I’m sure He has a plan for me in this area!  I would love to purse teaching, composition, and music ministry in the future!  I also think that the Lord may be preparing me for being a youth pastor’s wife.  My mom and I talked through this possibility not too long ago, and I realized, through many personal experiences, that the Lord may be preparing me to work alongside my husband (whoever that may be) in youth ministry one day!  And lastly, the Lord placed something big on my heart.  I really have no idea how this will work with my music and possible youth ministry in the future, but I’m just trusting God, and I know that He has something in store that is far greater than anything I can fathom!  Last year on New Year’s Eve, God put Africa on my heart.  To be honest, I was scared and I didn’t want to surrender that to Him.  But He had put such a big love for Africa in my heart that I couldn’t say “no.”  I surrendered that to Him just moments before midnight.  I can’t say yet whether or not He’s called me to be a missionary there, but I do know that He put it on my heart for a reason.  Maybe it was just to pray for the continent; I don’t know!  I really don’t know what He has in store for me in this area!  But I can’t wait to find out, and I’m sure it’ll be amazing.

Beth: Neat! I know how much you love music!  Have you had experience in missions before?

Grace: Yes and no.  I’ve grown up in the same town my whole life and I’ve never been out of the country.  I haven’t even been to many states!  The only “mission” trip I’ve been on was a trip to New York this past summer, for less than a week.  So no, I don’t have much experience in geographical missions.  I am, however, trying to fulfill the mission God has for me here, just doing what He asks me to do each day, whether it’s babysitting my siblings, talking to the new girl at church, helping my mom around the house, or volunteering at a weekly afterschool children’s Bible club.  I hope to do more with geographical missions in the future, however!  I would love to be a part of a musical mission team one day, as well as take a trip to Africa!

Beth: Cool! Your New York trip sounds like a lot of fun! So what has your favorite part of 2016 been?

Grace: I loved going on our New York mission trip this year, playing the piano in a wedding for the first time, learning 2 new instruments, and playing volleyball this fall!  And just serving God where I am right now!

Beth: Nice! So if you have any advice for the New Year, what would it be?
'
Grace: Live each moment thinking, “How can I glorify God right now?”  Sing, pray, learn, serve.  Make each moment count.  Be thankful and smile often.  And above all, trust God!
Beth: That's great!  Thanks so much for joining me on this interview Grace! Do you have any thoughts you would like to share with us before we go?

Grace:  I just want to challenge y’all to give everything to God.  That’s one thing that God has challenged me to do repeatedly this past year!  I personally struggle with wanting to feel in control.  I don’t want to surrender to God and trust Him sometimes.  But God’s plan really is SO much greater than mine!  I don’t know His plans, but I need to lay everything I have at His feet and let Him do with it what He wills.  That’s all!  Thanks again for interviewing me, Beth!  I had a great time answering these questions! :)

Beth: Thank you and thanks for joining us!


 My name is Grace, and I’m a red-headed girl who loves my Redeemer.  I live in a wonderful family of 9, and love laughing with my siblings and making memories!  My interests include writing, music, volleyball, journaling, and ministering in whatever way I can.  I blog over at sourcreamchipsgirl.blogspot.com, where I hope to encourage other young ladies.  My deepest desire is that God would be glorified through my life!  Philippians 3:7-8











11 comments:

  1. This was so fun to do with you, Beth! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so interesting and inspiring! You did a great job, Grace! I loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. It's so neat that you got to play at a wedding! Very good advice on giving everything to God!
    Is.53:5, Phil.4:13, #UNASHAMED, heresclo.blogspot.com, YouTube channel-Becky Coleman's Badge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe! Yes, playing for the wedding was such a wonderful oppotunity. I was so excited about it, I think I could write an entire book about it xD

      Delete
  4. This was very fun and inspiring to read, Grace! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace! Your post was super fun too! :)

      Delete
  5. Yay! This was so much fun to read through :) You're such an inspiration, Grace! <3 Thank you so much for sharing your heart!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! Your're always welcome here! I hope you have had a load of fun and receive a blessing from God! Know you ARE SO LOVED by Jesus today! I so enjoy comments and mostly always answer them back!

That NOTHING can stand against

*this is a post I did on my social media accounts* ๐ŸŽถOh, yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley Yes I will, bless Your name O...