Sunday, January 1, 2017

A Goal

I know I said this article would be title "A little Goal" yet I realized it's not a little goal.
You see the first thing on my goal list for 2017 was to become more like Christ. But that's not a little goal. It's one we have to pursue over a lifetime.
Some of the character traits I wrote down in my goal notebooks were these: be compassionate, Love, Give Selfishly, Go the extra mile, forgive.
Jesus did all these things, there is several times in the gospels where it says Jesus had compassion on the people, and He went the extra mile, loving and giving when He was tired and I'm sure just felt like resting for the day. But He gave. And of course He loved! He loved/loves us so much He died for us! He look on every shame and pain we could ever have and nailed it to the cross. And He forgave, he forgave all those people who condemned Him to death, He died for them! And He forgave countless sins!
These things can be hard and I think I realized today just how hard this could be! But we have to do this! Our lives our made to reflect Jesus Christ! So let's strive together to be like Christ! And know that when we fail, there is forgiveness from our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!



 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

1 Peter 21-25 (KJV)


(I just found this verse and I think this will be part of my goal! A perfect scripture to use!!)

4 comments:

  1. What a great article, Beth! So true, we all need to strive to be more like Christ! This is something I need to do too, so lets take the journey together! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, we are supposed to be like Christ in everything we do. great article!
    Is.53:5, Phil.4:13, #UNASHAMED,heresclo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, Beth! Thanks so much for this encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! Your're always welcome here! I hope you have had a load of fun and receive a blessing from God! Know you ARE SO LOVED by Jesus today! I so enjoy comments and mostly always answer them back!

That NOTHING can stand against

*this is a post I did on my social media accounts* 🎶Oh, yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley Yes I will, bless Your name O...